Grant call 2022 is closed |
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Due to the high number of applications, the selected and shortlisted proposals will receive feedback by June 30th, 2022.
The purpose of the Children Born of War (CBOW) project foundation is to promote and safeguard the needs and rights of children born of war. CBOW are children where the mother is a local native and the father usually belongs to a foreign military, armed group, or e.g. a peacekeeping force. In order to promote activities to the benefit of CBOW around the world, the foundation offers a limited number of small grants to individuals and/or organizations. In many cases, the CBOW have been abused, abandoned, mobbed, rejected by their family and communities and ignored by the state. These children are often ignored by policy makers, humanitarian aid and their communities. They may face lifelong disadvantages and psychological trauma. This grant call invites proposals from eligible individuals and organisations engaged in initiatives for CBOW.
Through grant financing of up to max. 10.000 USD, the foundation offers financial support directed towards the following activities:
- Teaching and training activities aimed at combating stigma and exclusion of CBOW
- Initiatives aimed at knowledge building including data collection and documentation of living conditions and treatment of CBOW
- Organizations and individuals working on activities related to the foundation’s purpose
The call for applications is now open. The deadline for submission of proposals is April 30th, 2022, at 23.59 UTC.
Please send an application of max. 4 pages (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include the following information:
- Title of the proposal
- Applicant(s): full address and contact information
- A short description of activities and how they relate to the aims of the foundation and activities addressed in the call. Please also address how you consider the sustainability of the activities planned and their impact.
- A budget in local currency and USD
Applications will be examined and evaluated by the board of the Children Born of War Project with the possible assistance of external evaluators.
All applications will be assessed following the steps listed below:
Step 1: This is a simple check to ensure the application meets the eligibility criteria. Only those that meet the criteria will move to the next stage
Step 2: Panel members assess the project by looking at:
- Aim of the proposed activity
- Background and experience of the applicant(s)
Selected and shortlisted proposals will receive feedback by May 31st, 2022. Due to the high number of applications, the selected and shortlisted proposals will receive feedback by June 30th, 2022.
Step 4: Pitch Sessions: The selected individuals or organizations that make it to the shortlist are invited for a virtual pitch session to allow further explanation of their proposed activities and additional assessment by the panel members. Due to the summer holiday, virtual pitch sessions will be scheduled for August 2022.
Stage 5: Selection of the shortlisted proposals will be announced by August 31st 2022 and the process of finalizing grant documents and payment will begin shortly after.